Catholicism for Dummies
About the e-Book
Catholicism for Dummies pdf
The easy way to grasp the ins and outs of Catholicism
Catholicism For Dummies is not a catechism or religious textbook, but a casual, down-to-earth introduction for Catholics and non-Catholics. It gives commonsense explanations of Catholic weddings, Baptisms, funerals, Confirmations, and First Communions. You'll also discover other important topics that can help you better understand the Catholic culture—from morality and devotions to worship and liturgy.
There are more than one billion Catholics in the world, and each one shares a foundational set of basic beliefs and practices that he or she follows. Some of the teachings of Catholicism are thousands of years old, while others are more recent. So what is the Catholic culture like and what do they believe? Catholicism For Dummies answers these and many other questions.
- Various stances within American Catholicism today
- Covers the death of John Paul II and the succession of Pope Benedict XVI, who has supported the return of the Latin Mass among congregations who desire to celebrate it
- Expanded information on baptism, confirmation, and the other sacraments
- New information about the priesthood and religious life today
- Twenty-first-century issues and questions modern Catholics face, including gay marriage, abortion, and the death penalty
Catholicism For Dummies presents a rich tapestry and history of the Catholic faith—from devotions to doctrines. This intelligent and faithful look at Catholicism will open your eyes to this religion and answer many of the questions you may have about it.
From the Back Cover
The bestselling guide to the ins and outs of Catholicism
What does it mean to be a Catholic? What are the fundamental beliefs and history behind this religion? Catholicism For Dummies, 2nd Edition is an intelligent and faithful look at Catholicism that will open your eyes to this religion and answer many of the questions you may have about it. Plus, in this new edition, you'll find the updated text of the Mass according to the Roman Missal, Third Edition, as well as all-new chapters on creation, deepening your faith, and what joining the Church is all about.
- In the beginning — find out what Catholics believe about creation, angels and devils, where sin came from, and what will happen at the end of the world
- Membership has its privileges — discover how Catholics see the Church and how the act of fulfilling its missions makes membership a rewarding experience
- Who's who — get to know the many players in the Catholic Church, from how the pope gets his job to what it's like being a parish priest — and all the important jobs in between
- Catholic symbolism — understand the meaning behind the sign of the cross, the crucifix, Holy Water, incense, and more
- Follow the Mass — appreciate the tradition of the Catholic Mass, from the opening prayer and the homily to going for Holy Communion
Open the book and find:
- What "the Church" really is
- How the Gospels came to be
- The Church's stance on gay marriage, abortion, and war
- Catholic prayers and devotions
- What Catholics really think about Mary and the saints
- The virtues to strive for and the sins to avoid
- How Catholics can take their faith to the next level
- A guide to praying the Rosary
- Explore the foundations of the Catholic faith
- Make sense of the sacraments and symbols
- Understand issues modern Catholics face
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Arthritis For Dummies
Joomla! For Dummies